Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Baby Sherrer is here!

Yesterday was a great day. One of my favorites. A perfect little boy was brought into the world by none other than my dear friend, Christy. I am so excited and overjoyed, I can barely contain myself. I spent yesterday afternoon staring at my computer screen just waiting for an update. I was beside myself. Fortunately, the labor was quick (I didn't say painless, just quick), and I didn't have to wait to long to hear, "It's a boy!" 

Tim and Christy didn't find out the sex of their baby until he made his grand entrance, and it was so fun to be surprised. I am so happy for them. He is so precious and perfect, and I can't wait to meet him. He doesn't have a name yet because they're still deciding.

Oh, and it's worth mentioning that Christy gave birth without any pain meds. None at all! She is a tough one, I tell you. If you remember, she even made the trip to visit me last March in Japan. She was already 4-5 months pregnant, but that didn't stop her. I'm so glad she came, too.

Isn't he so precious?! It's so hard not to be home right now because I really want to hold him. I guess I'll just have to be patient. I am dying to hold my new niece, Jensen, too. She is sweet as pie.

Here's a pic of the proud mommy and daddy. They are going to be great parents. I still can't believe Christy is a mommy now. We have grown up together, and have been friends since we were babies. Our families are close, and I feel like her having a baby is the closest thing to myself having one. Wow! She's going to be an awesome mommy. I know this because she learned from one of the best! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is a beautiful perfect little man.