Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Stella's First Birthday Party

When I originally imagined Stella's first birthday, I was thinking small and simple. Boy, did that change. My line of thinking was that there are very few occasions these days, or so it seems, to throw a nice, big party at my house. We have fairly small families, and none of our family lives locally. And, so many of our friends here feel like family and have gone above and beyond to care for Stella on so many occasions. Additionally, we asked for donations to the crisis pregnancy center where I volunteer in lieu of gifts. So, I felt my "Shrine to Stella" was quite justified. :) Not to mention, planning and prepping for the party was way more fun than I expected! I can totally relate to all those "over-the-top" parents now. It really can be fun!

Below are some pictures from the party. I selected a shabby-chic theme and was able to borrow so many goodies from friends to help with the decor. My mom was a huge help with the crafting and decorating, and a dear friend of ours made almost all of the desserts. The day of the party was absolutely perfect weather-wise, and we had such a fun time celebrating our special girl!









We had such a nice turnout for the party, and Stella was a happy girl pretty much the entire time. I was shocked how cool she was when dozens of people were staring at her and singing to her. She took it in stride and relished in the attention, which was somewhat concerning to me. ;)

No comments: