Monday, February 23, 2009

Mostly about nothing

I don't really have much to blog about but, I like blogging so I'm going to do it anyway.

We had a relatively uneventful weekend, but it was great to stay in Nagoya and relax. Friday night, we just took it easy, cooked at home and watched "Changeling," which I enjoyed. Any movie over two hours is too long in my opinion, but I thought it was pretty good. I am an Angelina Jolie fan, but I had forgotten the movie was based on a true story. Had I known that, I think my perspective while watching it would have been a bit different. Anyway, have any of you seen it? Did you like it? I typically don't enjoy watching movies a whole lot, but since moving to Japan, it's become one of my favorite past times. Thanks to everyone who gave us iTunes gift cards for Christmas!

Saturday we ran some errands and met up with a few friends for dinner. We met several new people, another one of my favorite past times. I love meeting new people and learning their stories. 

Travis made a pot of beans on Sunday. I don't know why it makes me giggle to type that. I think it's probably because I feel like I need to say it with a southern drawl. It reminds me of winters at home. My mom put beans in the crockpot, and let them cook all day. She'd make cornbread to go with them, too. I never thought we would be able to recreate that meal here, but Travis did a mighty fine job. Cornbread and all. They were quite delicious, and as usual, I doused them in vinegar. 

We also ran some errands, and I bought a new shelf. I never thought a $20 shelf would make me so happy, but I finally have a place to store some family photos and some of the knick knacks we've accumulated on our travels. Just making our house a home. That's what I do.

After that, we finished season one of "Dexter." Do any of you watch that show? I am really starting to like it. I just can't stand Dexter's sister. She really gets under my skin. Anyway, just curious if any of you are fans, too. 

Ok, so I'm sorry this blog was a little lame. I'll try to do something blog-worthy soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I miss you! And I love Dexter, obsessed actually. It is such a good show. There are 3 books out that it is based on, you should read them, also great.
Hopefully I get to facebook chat with you soon.

Megan Roney