Monday, May 20, 2013

I am a Noonday Ambassador

I am so thrilled to announce my latest new adventure! I am now a Noonday Ambassador!

What does this mean? Noonday is a company that works to provide jobs for artists around the world. Through Noonday, individuals living in poverty have the opportunity to earn stable incomes.

The handmade pieces in the Noonday Collection are absolutely stunning. See?


But the very best part, and what appealed most to me, is that purchasing the pieces from the Noonday Collection means you are supporting artisans all around the world and are helping them provide for their families in a fair and ethical way. 


For example, the earrings above, which are some of my favorites, were handmade by a fair trade artisan group in India that creates avenues of employment for the economically disadvantaged. 

Some of my very favorite pieces in the collection were handmade in Ethiopia. The beautiful jewelry is created when farmers in Northern Ethiopia supply local bead makers with artillery shells discovered following former war conflicts. The village artisans then melt down the shells and create beautiful beads. Once the beads are created, they are sent to the women of Entoto Mountain who take the handcrafted beads and create gorgeous jewelry. Pieces of former weapons are now upcycled to offer redemption!


How cool is that?!

I am so thrilled to have the opportunity to unite my love for fashion with my desire to contribute to helping the poor and oppressed in our world. 

One of the best parts of being a Noonday Ambassador is that I will have the opportunity to help individuals in the process of adoption raise money. We all know adoption is an arduous and very expensive process. Noonday offers families 10 percent of sales at a trunk show to support their adoption efforts. I absolutely love that!

I have been thinking a lot about the stories behind what I purchase, and I am so appreciative of companies like Noonday. If I'm going to purchase a statement necklace anyway, I love that I can buy a Noonday piece I adore knowing I am contributing to a greater cause. To me, that is far better than paying a little less.

If you are interested in learning more about Noonday or in browsing through the pieces in the collection, check out my website. I look forward to presenting at trunk shows in the St. Louis area so if you are interested in hosting, please feel free to drop me a message at jessicahartman (dot) noonday (at) gmail (dot) com. Individuals who host trunk shows have access to some pretty neat promotions, and as I mentioned previously, if you are in the process of adopting or fostering or are interested in hosting a trunk show on behalf of someone who is, Noonday will contribute 10 percent of the sales at the trunk show!

I'll leave you with photos of a few of my other faves!







No comments: