Monday, March 2, 2009

Nagashima

I just finished the most delicious and monstrous apple. Man, I love the produce in Japan. It's pricey but delicious.

Last weekend we headed to Nagashima so the super-human I married could run a half-marathon. There really isn't much to see in Nagashima, but we hit the highlights and made the most of it. And, it's less than an hour away.

This dude finished the half-marathon before Travis, and I think we all know why.


Finish line!

After the marathon, we grabbed lunch at the nearby outlet mall and then rode the longest roller coaster in the world. That's right, folks. It was awesome. We rode the Steel Dragon 2000, which is the world's longest and fifth tallest roller coaster. It goes up to 95 mph, and it lasted four minutes. 

Here we are in front of the Steel Dragon 2000.

I watched many people ride the roller coaster while Travis was running, and I noticed the ride was never completely filled. So, I assumed most people were probably smart enough not to ride a roller coaster in the winter. It was quite chilly. We entered the park later that afternoon only to realize we were going to have to wait in line for a loooong time. The ride was never full because they were only filling it halfway each time. Ugh. We waited in line for almost two hours, but we were determined to ride it so we dealt with it. I felt warmer just looking at all the girls in line wearing shorts and high-heels. Why on earth would one choose that attire for a day at an amusement park? I'll never understand it.

Oh, and why didn't you guys leave me any good questions? I only got an anonymous one about my mama. And as far as I know, she's doing just fine. Thanks for asking.

No comments: