Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Welcome to the world, Jensen!

Konnichiwa from Tokyo! Just sitting here in the lounge at Narita airport awaiting our flight to Beijing, and I have some fabulous news to share with you!

Jensen Kate Thornsberry was born today! She's a beauty. Weighs 5 lbs. 11 oz. My brother had his laptop in Holli's birthing suite so he Skyped us in. We got to say hello to everyone before Jensen was born. Then, we had to leave to head to the airport in Nagoya. Once we arrived at the airport, we quickly hooked the computer up to the Internet and called them back to hear the most beautiful cry in the background! And, of course we got to see her precious little face. It was incredible to be a part of such an awesome time for my family. Sad I can't hold her, but I'm so grateful I got to see her when she was only one hour old. Thank goodness for technology these days. It certainly makes living abroad much easier. I am so ecstatic to be an aunt again. I love my nieces and nephew to pieces. And, my brother and Holli are awesome parents. What a great day!

2 comments:

Heather said...

How cool that you were Skyped in on the action!! She is adorable! I am sad too that I can't hold her, but the pictures are good enough for now...I guess.

julie said...

yay! i love the name jensen. i don't think i can name our kids j names because it would be alliteration overload for our family. anyway, i'm sure it was hard for you to not be there but i'm glad that skype allowed you to experience a small part. i wish i could be there when christy's baby is born, but i think we'll have to fly in afterwards.

i hope you enjoy china!