Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving

In case you're worried about how Travis and Jessica will fare during the Thanksgiving season, worry not! I promise we're doing okay.

See? We're taking part in the gluttony just as all of you are. :) Allow me to identify some of the foods in the photo:cheesy corn (made my yours truly and always a huge hit), two kinds of stuffing, chicken (turkey is nearly impossible to find in this country and the ovens are tiny so we improvised), salad with BACON, cranberry sauce in the shape of a can just as it should be presented, green bean casserole (pretty sure this cost a fortune to make, please be grateful for things like cream of mushroom soup, green beans and crunchy onion things-they are NOT cheap in Japan), GRAVY, potatoes, bread complete with honey butter. Not pictured: homemade apple pie, pumpkin pie and chocolate chip cookies.

I have a feeling that the construction paper Indian headresses might not be politically correct, but they sure are cute, aren't they? This picture makes me sad. Jessica and her husband, Chris, will be moving back to Tennessee in December. They weren't supposed to move back until next summer, but things change. I am going to miss them so much. Jessica is such a fun and warm person to be around, and I am so happy to have made so many memories with her. And, Travis and Chris get along splendidly. They are such a fun couple. We spent an amazing week with them in Singapore and Malaysia, and I hope we'll be able to travel with them again. I have to stop. I'm seriously becoming bummed. I hate goodbyes!

On a happier note, Happy Thanksgiving from the Hartmans! We hope to see many of you in just a few short weeks! And, boy are we thankful for that. What are you thankful for? Or shall I say, for what are you thankful? Please do tell!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, we'll be hosting another Thanksgiving dinner with some more friends on Saturday. Life's rough.

No comments: