Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We'll Be Home for Christmas!

Big news! T-rav and I will be venturing back to the great state of Missouri for Christmas! We are so pumped to see our family and friends during the holiday season. I love Christmas-time so much, and I cannot wait to carry on our usual Christmas traditions: Steal-Your-Dollar City, Trivial Pursuit on Christmas Eve and gorging ourselves on pumpkin pie and fudge.

I must tell you I really enjoyed sharing the news with mi madre. I called her via Skype, and I played Michael Buble's "I'll Be Home for Christmas" over the microphone and asked her to listen closely. She just kept repeating, "Yeah, I hear it. It's "I'll Be Home for Christmas," what about it?" I swear she must have said that same phrase about four times before she goes, "Oh, wait, you'll be home for Christmas?!" Squealing ensued. 

Below are a few pictures from last year's Christmas. Travis and I hosted a Tacky Christmas Sweater Party. We hope to continue the tradition once we move back home. We had an absolute blast!
The vest was purchased at the Good Samaritan, and my mom bedazzled it. Pretty impressive, 
huh?
Wow, I really miss these people.

As many of you already know, I am getting ready to head back to the U. S. of A in October. I will be in my dear friend, Courtney's, wedding. I'm actually the Matron (I hate that word) of Honor. I feel so special, and I can't wait to stand next to her. I'll be home from mid-October through the first week of November. That also means I'll be spending more time in the U.S. the next few months than I will be in Japan. My waistline will suffer greatly.

In addition to being thrilled about getting to see my fabulous fam and friends, I cannot wait to scratch this little doggie's belly. I have missed my dog-ter, Little Skittle Margarita Hartman ("Skittle"). My parents are graciously taking care of her while we're living in Japan. They have been getting lots of help from Trav's parents and Tim and Christy, too. I apologize if she dookies on your floor.
*Vest courtesy of Aunt Christy and Uncle Tim.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!!! That's awesome!! I can't believe you guys get to come home!! Well, I guess when you next come home next month, we'll have to send the Trivial Pursuit game back with you so you can start reading up;)

Unknown said...

Hooray! I can't wait to spend some quality time with you! Let's plan a Skype date soon to start planning... after all, we do need to get Halloween costumes together :)

Unknown said...

Yay! Can't wait to see you guys! If you need a place to stay when/if you're near O'Fallon, let me know! I'm still trying to convince Matt that we NEED to visit you guys while you're there. The Tokyo Auto Show is at the end of October next year...you still going to be around?

We miss you guys!

julie said...

yay! we're coming home too!

JILLYN said...

What a great surprise!!! A bonus visit! And if we need to host your Tacky Christmas Sweater party here, that would be fine with me. I had so much fun last year, it would be worth cleaning my house. Can't wait to see you on the 29th (right?)!!!!!!