Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving in Japan

Last Sunday we celebrated Thanksgiving with the little "family" we've formed here. And, it was absolutely delicious! It wasn't just a little bit yummy, it was totally fabulous. 

We were all a little nervous because none of us had ever really been in charge of Thanksgiving dinner before. In fact, I had never even contributed to Thanksgiving dinner at all. I always used the whole "I traveled from out of town" excuse. Unless, of course, my contribution of filling the glasses with ice counts. By the way, I wonder who will do that in my family this year. I hope they aren't stuck drinking room-temperature tea. Anyway, we managed to create all of the traditional fixin's. Well, except for turkey. We purchased little rotisserie chickens to replace the turkey. Who really likes dry turkey anyway? We even had cranberry sauce, which wiggled out in its usual ribbed-can shape. We also watched some good 'ole DVRed American football.

The women were banned to the kitchen. Can you believe the guys made us wait to eat until they were finished?

The whole famn damily.

Heaping plate of Thanksgiving goodness.

After dinner, we all unbuttoned our pants and watched Groundhog Day. (Well, at least I know I had to unbutton the top button.)

No comments: