Monday, January 26, 2009

Mildly amusing

We've been settling into life in Japan, and everything is strangely starting to seem normal. We had big plans of heading to Nagano last weekend, but apparently everyone in this country also had the same plan. We'll have to try to travel there again soon. Instead of heading to the mountains, we spent the weekend relaxing. It was a welcomed change to the usual hustle and bustle of the weekends. We watched movies and cooked a lot.

We did venture out Saturday afternoon to take a stroll around a little outdoor shopping area, and I snapped a few pictures of things that made me laugh and remember that life here is anything but normal.

Although this vehicle would look perfectly normal in my hometown, I can assure it seemed absolutely outrageous in Japan. You should have seen the driver trying to navigate his rig down the narrow streets of Nagoya. 

This patch could complete any outfit.

While we were out it started snowing, but the snow was like none I had seen before. It fell in tiny round pellets and didn't melt instantly. It reminded me of little balls of styrofoam. 

Strange stuff.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Can you pick me up one of those "bad" patches. Righteous.

Unknown said...

Funny... we're getting some of that styrofoam now!