Sunday, January 11, 2009

Owwww

This past weekend, we headed to the mountains to snowboard. I, being extremely challenged in all things, was terrified. I recalled my first skiing experience and could only imagine the worst. And, as anticipated, I was terrible. Despite being the sorest I have ever been in my 24.5 years on this earth, we had a blast! I spent most of the time on my fanny, which I could have sworn had enough padding, but it was worth it. I'm sure it will take many more attempts before I will actually make it down the mountain, or even 100 yards without falling flat on my rear, but I am definitely going to attempt it again.

This picture really cracks me up because it almost looks like I knew what I was doing. I can assure you that seconds after this shot was taken, I fell again.

Here I am with Beth. She did a great job of encouraging me.

We've both decided that "coaching" in marriages is a terrible thing. Cheerleading is the only way to go. Oh, and we learned this the hard way. We almost ended our marriage atop this mountain. Only kidding, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KIm and I needed extensive marriage therapy after her first day at Winter Park. I also had to wash her mouth out with soap. She's a pro now