Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!

Just wanted to take a second to wish my mommy a Happy Mother's Day! Those of you who know her know how awesome she is, but for those of you who don't, allow me to tell you. My mom is truly an amazing woman. I could go on and on about her forever. She is extremely giving and selfless. (In fact, my dad warned Travis when he asked for my hand in marriage that I don't have a servant's heart like my mother. Ha! It is true, though. I don't even come close.) Anyway, she is a great mom and friend to me and makes me laugh. She faithfully prays for me, and if you know her, she is most likely praying for you, too. She doesn't care about what's popular, just what's right. She has done so much for me in my short 25 years on this earth, and she continues to help us out on a daily basis. She helps sort our U.S. mail, ships us stuff, lets us leave our furniture with her, she bought my car when we moved, she lets Skittle live with her while we're in Japan, and there's a lot more that she'll probably remind me of later. :)

Mom, thanks for everything you do for me and our family! Thanks for birthing me, too. I'm sorry for being huge when I was born.

*Photo by the one and only, Brett Laxton.

No comments: