Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Loving today

I am in celebratory mode today. It's my three year wedding anniversary, and I can hardly believe it. I love reflecting back on the day I married Travis so I thought I'd share a few pictures and some of our wedding story.

We had a small destination wedding in Jamaica, and it was so fun! My parents, Travis' parents and my paternal grandparents were able to attend. 

Here's a picture of us on our way to Jamaica. 

We stayed at the Sandals resort in Negril on the famous seven mile beach. It was beautiful.

This picture was taken on the eve of our wedding. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was to be getting married the next day. After seven years of dating, it was such a sweet feeling.

It was soo hot on our wedding day so the coordinator moved the wedding location to under a couple of palm trees. The ceremony was short and sweet, and I never wanted it to end. I tell Travis all the time that I wish we could get married again and again (to each other, of course). It was the most amazing day. We memorized vows we created together, and neither one of us forgot any of them. Whew!
We had a champagne and cake reception. The cake was a funky Jamaican rum cake, and I'll never forget how tasty it was.

It was so great to have my grandparents there. 

Ahhh... I would love to have that white sand between my toes right now.

Our families flew out the morning after our wedding, and we enjoyed several more days for our honeymoon.
Here we are at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. 

We woke up to a room service breakfast on the beach, swam, laid in the sun, napped, ate some more, got ready for dinner, ate some more, slept and repeated the sequence each day.

It was rough.

We've got big plans to celebrate this evening so I'll share more later. That's all for now!

4 comments:

Total Betty said...

can't believe it's been 3 years. Congrats! Miss you

Carolyn said...

You looked gorgeous! I love that dress. Our 3 year is coming up on 6/3, so I'll probably just copy and paste your post into my blog so people think I had a cool wedding too.

Heather said...

Beautiful!!! Romantic!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Loving today And Jamaica Honeymoon" to our Directory of Honeymoon Travels and Locations. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

honeymun.com Team

http://www.honeymun.com