Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kawaii and a 5K

Hello, there! Whew! It's been a busy week, and it's only Thursday. As you know, I've started a part-time teaching job. I am an assistant teacher at an English studio, and I've really been enjoying it so far. It's pretty fun, but it certainly requires a lot of energy. Yesterday, I taught six classes, and tomorrow, I'll teach seven. I get tired just thinking about it. Don't worry, I know it's probably not as hard as the work you all are doing, but I have been out of the working routine for a while now so sliding back into it is an adjustment, and I'm not even full-time. How did I ever work 40+ hours a week?

Anyway, I just have to share a few photos with you. I've mentioned before about how cute things are in Japan. I mean, seriously, I feel like everything is cute or at least an attempt at cute. The below two photos are of some donuts from a place I love called, Mister Donut. They serve all kinds of donuts, and I think they're great. They're much lighter tasting than Krispy Kremes so I feel like I can eat more. They also refill my coffee cup when I'm there-a rare treat in Japan. I nearly squealed when I laid eyes on these donuts...

Is that not the cutest thing you've ever seen?! The "burger" is a thin piece of crunchy chocolate, and the buns are donuts. The "ketchup and mayo combination" is some sort of strawberry, and I think the green one is either kiwi or green tea flavored. I actually didn't eat them. I brought them home for Travis to enjoy. Oh, and don't think I didn't enjoy a donut. I certainly did. 

I'm sorry, but I can just barely handle their mini-cuteness. They also have "French fries" you can purchase with the "burgers." 

In other news, I am going to attempt to run a 5K on Sunday. I have been training a little bit but really only for the last 2-3 weeks. I know a 5K isn't that long, only 3.1 miles, but for me, I feel like it's an eternity. Travis and I ran the full length last weekend, and I was able to do it without stopping, but I'm nervous about this weekend. He won't be running it with me since he's opted to do the 10 mile race instead so hopefully I can manage on my own. I've got some new killer tunes on my iPod, but I think I'll definitely need a divine intervention to go with them. I'm no athlete, and I'm certainly not a runner, but hopefully this run will inspire me to achieve my half-marathon goal.

This picture is of me, Lorie and Ayako. (My head is always huge. Always. And, now I am starting to realize why Japanese people keep calling me Snow White.) I really like these girls, and they'll be running the 5K with me on Sunday. I hope I can keep the drama low as I tend to get quite dramatic while running-heavy breathing, red splotchiness, random outbursts promising my ensuing death, etc. Hopefully my next post will be about my successfully finishing the 5K. If there is a next post, that is...

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Good luck! This post made me laugh out loud. Thanks!

Heather said...

Oh come on Snow White...I'm sure we'll be hearing from you again! I, too, laughed out loud when I read this. Probably because I am also "training" for a 5k and I realized you were describing me and all my drama.

Unknown said...

I personally find the "random outbursts promising my ensuing death" funny. Good luck!